Tuesday, February 7

Simple.Sweet.Strawberry

My morning thought process: mmm good morning. can I please sleep for another thirty minutes. wait do I work today. nope. ahhh okay. (deep breath) well then we must accomplish fun today. I don't know what kind of fun but yes fun it must be. today hmm what to wear. could I get away with sweats all day long. ew no sweats does not equal fun. hmmm breakfast in bed sounds fun. no not fun enough. ice cream for breakfast. now that sounds like a perfectly fun way to start the day. (the roll over, feet on the ground, arms stretching up) oh crap I have to go... well most of you can guess what comes next. 





Needless to say my brain does not work like the rest of the world. It is not happy or calm until it is fixated on something sweet or sparkly. I stumbled upon a pin, yes on the almighty Pinterest. This pin was of "strawberry oreos." Better yet it was not a "slave your day away in the kitchen" recipe. Sadly enough I have it memorized already I didn't have to keep checking the directions. The little things in life I am proud of myself for!

COOKIES
strawberry cake mix 
(oh goodness the HORROR, get over it!)
3/4 cup of shortening
2 eggs

FROSTING
8oz cream cheese (softened)
1/2 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
2 tsp clear vanilla
4 cups of powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS
-oven set to 350F
-mix everything for cookies
-use small scoop
-separate scoop into 2 balls
-pinch two balls to form heart
-make sure to space out well (unlike me!)
-bake for 10 minutes or until done
-mix together frosting
-sandwich together cookies and frosting




The good, the bad, and well these uglies! This is more of a humor shot to remind you that we are all human!
{Please drop one of those!}

Hope you all have as much fun as I did making these. Super simple and will put a sweet tooth to rest, well maybe for a night at least. 

xoxo
Campbell